Alliance Highway Safety is looking for OUTGOING and ORGANIZED individuals to help coordinate high school sponsorship events across the country. As part of Alliance’s internship program, you will have the opportunity to learn from our experienced staff about the ins and outs of event planning and marketing, assist with the management of sponsorship campaigns, meet and listen to established professionals in highway safety, and travel to high school venues across multiple states.
Alliance Highway Safety specializes in impactful community messaging, with a primary focus on highway safety programs directly with various states and carries out targeted messaging about drinking and driving, texting and driving, wearing seatbelts, speeding, and other campaigns using sports, entertainment, and educational venues as our platform.
We desire outgoing and responsible individuals to share campaign messages at high school events to help continue making an impact in these communities and saving lives. If you enjoy traveling, making a difference in your community, and interacting with students, then please send in a COVER LETTER and RESUME today.
These individuals will assist our Program Manager for Choices Matter, demonstrating the importance of safe driving to high school students and administration across the country.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with booking and scheduling school program appearances
- Regularly communicate with school administration and student leadership, including developing long-term relationships with key leadership
- Staff school program events and ensure fulfillment and logistics are properly instituted
- Develop and maintain other partnership relationships as needed
- Ensure proper communication with program presenters for logistics and operations
- Report and communicate with Program Manager on progress of Choices Matter program
- Ensure event recap reports are completed timely and professionally for clients
- Work with Program Manager to develop new opportunities for maximum impact of the Choices Matter program
- Assist in developing and maintaining public relations campaign for program, including utilization of social media, press releases, and other platforms
- Assist in creating marketing assets to further the reach and impact of the program
- Capture photographs of campaign message and student engagement at events
- Plan and book travel arrangements
- Other tasks as assigned
- Must be able to travel (50% or more of the time)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint (Preferred: Teams Application)
- Ability to multitask and time manage
- Ability to stay flexible and adaptable
- Self-starter with a positive attitude
- Have strong interpersonal skills that complement a proactive, solution-driven, team-oriented work ethic
- Ability to work untraditional hours including weekends, evenings and some holidays
- Be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. as needed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or a junior/senior working towards a bachelor’s degree or graduate degree.
Duration of Internship:
Please include in your cover letter if you are interested in one of the following time periods:
Spring: January-May” or “Fall: August-December”
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.